Thursday, July 09, 2009

Thinking about the "here after"

as in "what did I come in here after"?

I loved being on vacation --- I had a great time working on art projects with my friend. But now that we're home I find that I'm at the "boring" part of some bead work and the "are we ever going to finish this" part on a quilt.

And it's hot, which makes me want to just lay down on the tile floor under the ceiling fan with the dog and do nothing whatsoever.

Add to that the fact that next Friday I'm having surgery so I'm trying to put the house in order so it won't make me totally crazy while I'm recovering and can't just go fix whatever is bugging me.

{sigh!}

So, I need a new project to get me jazzed up enough to work on stuff.

While I was in California someone suggested it would be cool to make a lion out of beads (have you noticed there have been a series of African animals on the scene of late here?).

So I'm thinking about lions and whole new ways to make animals -- as in doing the skeleton out of wire then covering it with batting and unbleached muslin then working beads over the entire thing. (Wow, where did THAT idea come from).

and then of course there is that series of architectural pieces to put in frames that I was thinking about before we left

and the piecing of a suitable border to go around the giraffe print

but I digress -- Oh yeah, that seems to be the problem!

No comments: