Friday, July 31, 2009

beading and quilting projects

this project is moving right along

the "pillars" on each side are all stitched with transparent bugle beads, and the "marble" blocks on the right hand side are all stitched with white size 11 seed beads with gray size 15 seed beads as the "grout"

next up is the marble and grout on the left side

considering it took me about 3 years after the idea to actually do some work on it, it's coming right along

and I'm starting to think about the next building that I'll do which will probably be the red brick store building






and I'm actually back to working on the project that started the whole cutting of rubber stamps madness

there at the top of the picture is the photo of the actual leaf that this is based on

and at the bottom is the completed appliqued square

oh yes, around the edges are the stamped images from the leaf stamps that were the first ones that I cut

the next step on this project is to do the embroidery around the leaf stamping --- I'm planning to use a pale gold rayon embroidery thread

this is the first of three leaf blocks that I plan to set together on point one above the other -- the veining in the leaf will be done when I do the quilting after I get the whole thing put together

I had nearly forgotten about this project until I was looking at all the rubber stamps I had cut recently and "rediscovered" the leaf stamps --- Duh!

meantime, work on the web site continues --- new "slick" lettering graphics have been loaded up, and today I hope to get the new home page done

time to get to it!

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

I can't wait to see how your building comes out! It has a very graceful architecture.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work and keep on blogging.

Get More Details