Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Blocking --- It's not just mental

Most of what I usually knit does not require "blocking"

Part of that is because I usually am using "un-natural" fibers -- acrylics, polyesters -- that do not require blocking, just a run through the washer and dryer and it's done

This project, however, is a whole other critter

This yarn is made of bamboo. I got it in the sale bin during a recent visit to one of my favorite yarn shops.

There were exactly two of the little 82 yard balls of this in the same color (and two of another sort of gray color which I did not like). And the price was low enough that I just couldn't resist getting some to play with.

What I did not expect was that it would work up so neatly

I had decided that I wanted to try the lace technique in a larger format so I could actually see (quickly) what I was doing. This stuff was great for that.

And now I have another finished project --- or I will just as soon as it drys.

Who knew blocking would be so much fun?

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Very pretty scarf! And yes, isn't it a delight when all you have to do is rinse it and lay it out?