Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Finished project!

After quite a bit of time reworking, this project is now complete.

The original bag was nice, but sort of "flat"

When I decided to rework it, I took it completely apart -- the lining came out and the individual pieces of the outside were taken apart.

Now it has an extra lining that I stitched through then stuffed in places to make the flowers three dimensional.

I added beads for the centers of all the orange flowers. The lady bug bead was added to the flap (which has a really nice magnetic clasp). The handle/strap is even "stuffed" so it is a nice soft roll instead of a flat piece.

I think it looks 100% better!


Nancy G said...

I definitely agree; much better! Of course, the ladybug is the piece de resistance...

Bev said...

I think the ladybug adds a bit of drama here!