Sunday, November 19, 2006

and ONE to go!

We did our next to last show for the year yesterday.



This was again a high school show.....here's the picture of our stuff all set up in the gym.

Aside from some minor lighting glitches (created when someone down the row from us pushed the bottom edge of the bleachers in and managed to unplug the main power cord) and having not as much help with carry out as we would like, the show went pretty well.

I had a "pre-ordered" flamingo to deliver at this show, which got us off to a good start, and then we sold a number of other things as well.

During the show I was contacted by the Education Coordinator for a local store and asked if I would consider teaching classes in basic beading techniques, design formation, etc. for them. I told her I would consider doing so as I have had many people ask me if there was anywhere they could learn these things in a class from me. We'll see if we can come to an agreement that will pay what it will take in time from my other activities.

We now get a weekend off (but of course it will be full of other activites!)



During the slow time at the show, I finished Elphie's Christmas sock (well, okay, I did the last 3 rows and the stitching this morning). It looks pretty good!

So now I will be working on knitting a couple of other projects that will not be discussed here (Christmas is coming!), and making more squares to donate to Squares4Survivors.


Today we need to empty the van and put things away, and of course there is the usual show paperwork to do -- thank you notes, tax forms, etc.........

No comments: