Thursday, November 02, 2006

Artist at work, another car and victory over the software!




As I was saying the other day, we have to have some pictures of our pieces actually being created, so yesterday I took these while DH was working on a piece to fill an order.

I'm hoping one of these and the one of me will serve the purpose for future show applications.





Meantime, I completed another car.....this makes 8 done and 4 to go!

I actually wanted to post the car yesterday morning, but getting this picture was quite an adventure. I actually took this one with my camera, just to get it until I had the visit from the "Adobe Fairy" (see explanation below).

Usually I just plunk the stuff into the scanner, scan, save (in the software that came with the scanner), tweek in Adobe, then its ready to upload to blogger.....yesterday, not so simple!

It seems for some reason the software that came with my Epson scanner (its called ArcSoft Photo Impression 4.0) just quit working overnight.

Now I had experienced "glitches" with the scanner software before, so I did all my usual "fixes": create a backup disc of the photo files on the desktop, uninstall the software, defrag the hard drive, unplug the scanner, reinstall the software and try again....NOTHING! ARRRGGGHHHH!!! Major screaming!!!!

After trying all that again, I sent a note to Epson's customer service asking for assistance. They responded quickly, but just refered me to the software company, who, I now find out, doesn't even support version 4.0 of this software and wants me to shell out $$$ to upgrade.

Now I'm thinking, why should I spend that much just to have a program that will save whatever it is I scan (I know the program is supposed to do more, but I like 2 other programs to do those "more" items, and I don't want to spend $$ for something so simple as a SAVE function)!

Hello! Maybe I've just been brain dead, but it occured to me at that point that there might be other software on my desktop that would do what I need. Enter the "Adobe Fairy"!

I opened my Adobe software, clicked on "Import" and low and behold, I can upload with TWAIN!!! Oh joy! Oh happiness! See me turning cart wheels, since not only will I not have to spend any $$ for the SAVE function, this actually saves me a step (ie a moment or two per scan!) because I always "tweek" in Adobe anyway!!!

I'm happy, happy!

Today we set up for our show in the Denver El Jebel Shrine Temple....a two day affair on Friday and Saturday with a central cashier....I don't have to handle the money, credit cards, checks, etc., for this one. I'm hoping we do well.

If you are in the area, the show is located at: 4625 W. 50th Ave., Denver, CO. Hours are from 11 am to 8 pm on Friday (Nov 3) and 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday (Nov 4).

No comments: