Sunday, November 05, 2006

Rocks, Socks, car and show review...



As is my usual procedure when doing a 2 day show, I had a project on hand to work on during slow times and so I could show people how this is all actually done by me.

This weekend I was able to get one more stone ready for Let The River Run. This is a really nice piece of adventurine, and a nice smooth shape, so building the bezel around it was an easy job.



Meantime, during the show, I sold the large Western style beaded cross I had done that had a 10x14mm garnet cab in the center, so I designed a new piece to replace that one...this one has a 10x14mm amethyst cab in it and is more of the Eastern style.

For once I won't have to buy anything to put a new design together, I have all the beads, findings, etc. that I need on hand (this also speaks well of having built a really usable stash!)



During the driving up and back three days in a row, I managed to finish this Christmas sock for the "grand dog", and have worked down through the lettering on the sock for our dog....moving right along!!

I'm toying with the idea of doing some of this kind of thing for sale at some of the school arts and crafts shows next year.....much of our ART jewelry just scares people away at that level because of the prices.




I have managed to finish another car for the quilt too.

This one is number 9, so I have only 3 more before I start putting them on the quilt.




This was our booth at this show.

It was an "ok" show.....we made a little money (thanks in a large part to flyers I had sent out to my own bear collector customers), had very nice neighbors on both sides..

We let our neighbors on one side use our booth opening as access to their booth as well, and at the end of the show she gave me a group of bead packets she had been selling for a dollar each during the show and had no other need for them. Some of them will be of no use to us (plastic stuff), but the rest will go into my stash.

Set up for this show was easy, the day before, an available ramp, plenty of time to get it done.

It was, however, the tear down from H***!! At about 4 pm we were told that we needed to be all out of our space by 6 pm because they had scheduled a dance at 7 pm in the same facility! Meantime, the show stayed open until 5 pm. Now I can tell you that if I had known that in advance, we would not have signed up for this show, we simply can't tear down everything at an indoor show in an hour!!!!

And, to top it off, as we are trying to tear down and get out, the group that was supposed to set up for the dance were rude and constantly in the way with tables, sweeping, and other equipment that they needed.

So the verdict on this show for the future --- NO WAY!!

No comments: