Friday, November 17, 2006

Blogger frustration and other rants

I'm annoyed at blogger just now. Earlier in the week, I decided to transfer my blog into the new Beta version of blogger because it promised some layout features (like drag and drop) that I liked the sound of.

Well, I like the new features, but they neglected to tell me up front that I would not be able to post a comment on any non-Beta version blog after converting (or I'm just an idiot and missed it).

So to those of you who are wondering why I haven't made any comment on your blogs, its because BLOGGER WON'T LET ME!! They say a "fix" is in the works, but so far, I'm just stuck....NUTS!!!!



Here is another source of current frustration.

This piece of fabric was the tummy gusset of the latest toucan.

See at the top the ravelled edge? See me ranting!? This "flaw" did not appear until I was in the last stages of closing the back after stuffing him.

So, off I went to the "frog pond" (rip it, rip it!) having to totalling "unstuff" him, then pick out the piece, cut a new piece (NO, NOT out of the same fabric!!), resew the new piece, restuff.

I can report however, that the new version (I used a lovely yellow mohair with a nice wavey finish) is even more attractive than the original.....mmmmmm, creating through serendipity!!

I'll try to get pictures of the finished bird taken soon.

At last week's show (as I mentioned) I sold the malachite cuff bracelet that I had on the table.

So, I have acquired some new pieces of malachite to work cuffs and necklaces with. The larger ones are 30x40mm (that's about 1 1/4" by 1 1/2" for those of you who are metrically challenged!), which are for necklaces and the smallest ones are 12x16mm (1/2" by 3/4").

And no, you're eyes aren't playing tricks on you, those are purple stones too....2 nice pieces of Russian Charoite to use for a bracelet or something too.....

Today we will be loading the van up again for tomorrow's show.

Guess its time to get moving.....

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Won't let you post comments...hmm, what an interesting feature!

Got my map printed out, so I have some idea of how to get to your show. So I'll see you tomorrow afternoon.
:-)