Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Finished work and computer frustration



Its finished!

The edges are complete and I got it all strung up last night.

The openings in the halo are not as large as I had hoped they would be, but they are definately there. I will remember next time to leave a bigger opening in the beading since the edge work shrinks it.

Its nice to have another piece finished.

Last night I started working on a beaded egg. This is a large wood egg (about 3 inches tall) that I am working peyote stitch over to create a beaded "picture". I've not tried to work in this format before, so I'm sure there will be some "figuring out" as I go along. Its all done in just two colors -- a silvered shiny red and a matte finish white....pretty neat.

I have now stitched 6 and 1/2 cars to the quilt top. I hope to have all of the cars on, the border on and start into quilting by this time next week.

The Christmas project mentioned yesterday is moving right along.

On the computer scene, yesterday I installed the updates that my system had automatically downloaded for me. Usually these are just security updates, software patches, etc., but this time it also installed the new version of Windows Internet Exploder (er, excuse me, Explorer).....AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! All of my bookmarks ---- POOOOFFF!! Gone!!! NUTS!!!! Some days I just HATE technology! So, hopefully I can find all of those wonderful places again. {mumble, mumble}

Time to get some work done.....

No comments: