Monday, November 27, 2006

up to my knees in frogs.....

after attaching the last car to the quilt (and doing a little happy dance), I had to take a major trip to the frog pond because the center "race track" just would not lie smooth........NUTS!!

Alternate plan B included picking out all of the center panel's major sections and beginning again. This time I used freezer paper on the back of each of the curved pieces to stabilize them and then began again reattaching them.

So, it is the usual 3 steps forward and 1 step back, but I guess I'll get it eventually.

The beaded egg, however, is progressing nicely, thank you! I have finished all of the top half of the egg and have begun working my way down the bottom from the center row. This end seems to be going faster, perhaps because I have now figured out how to decrease the rows without distorting the pattern. DH painted the stand for the egg over the weekend, so if I keep at this I will actually have it done for Saturday's show.

The other project I have been working on (knitting project) is moving right along too....should have this one done without much strain (yeah right, usually when I say that everything goes crazy!!)

We've been decorating the house for Christmas, the tree in the family room is up and decorated, and looks pretty good. I've been addressing the envelopes for the Christmas cards and right now am being very thankful I have been blogging all year because it will make writing the Christmas letter so much easier!!

Time to get to the laundry.....

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

We've decorated too and the tree is up. Probably not finished, though. I always add things here and there. =D