Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another lab animal begins the great make over!



Here is the third of the animals selected for "The Great Make Over"!

I have already begun working on her, having picked out the stitching on her feet, her nose and clipped off her wings.

Since the DH is designing a new big bear, he has asked me to over dye some mohair for his project, and I'm thinking that this little lab animal will get a dip in the dye pot too. I've not done a dye dip of a stuffed animal before, so this will be interesting to say the least!

Pictures to follow I'm sure!!

Yesterday I got the second toucan and the second dodo stuffed and stitched closed, so now I have in the bin a puffin, a sheep, an anteater and a small bear. I've found some heavy cotton fabric to cut my pegasus out of, and have located a bottle of copper shot that will serve to weight the back legs. Moving right along!

Still working on tax stuff -- sure wish I could figure out a more efficient method to handle these, but so far that has eluded me -- bummer

I've begun working on a new design for hang tags on my animals -- this is always an interesting experiment!

on ward!

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Love the bear! And yes, my taxes are done! I'm a turbo taxer--still a pain but a lot easier.