Saturday, February 16, 2008

Here, have a Latte

All together now, say "AWWWWWWW"



Cute isn't she?








Well, yesterday afternoon I was fiddling around with some of my hand made felt and made up this little flower and decided that was a good thing for her to be holding.




(what were you expecting, a Starbucks cup?)

Ok, then I found this cool fabric with little latte colored bears holding (what else) flowers! This stuff had been in my stash since my daughter was about 2 -- mmmm, that makes it about 23 years old, I'm thinking they don't make this print any more!!

Anyway, Miss Latte will be going on my Etsy Store either today or tomorrow, so if you'd like to have her come and live at your house, she'll be happy to oblige!

I have another glass cord just about finished too, so that will probably be revealed tomorrow (and also added to my Etsy shop).

One of the dodos got all stuffed and closed yesterday, so today I'll be working on the second dodo and a puffin (did I mention that we've got birds in the belfry? -- no bats tho'!!)

I have successfully enlarged the pattern we had originally designed for a horse -- usually I do this sort of painful stuff by just using my scanner/copier to enlarge by whatever amount I need, but this pattern was already bigger than the scanner screen, which would have been more hassel than drawing the grids -- once as one inch squares over the original pattern pieces, once as 1.5 inch squares on blank paper so I could transfer the design. So now I'll be going looking for some sturdy, plain, light colored fabric to make him out of as the plan is to build the horse then gesso and paint and add wings -- watch for updates here

time to go get some breakfast and get to those birds

No comments: