Friday, February 15, 2008

Don't bother me, I'm working.......

I've been working on taxes.

Not exactly my favorite thing, but important anyway. I have all the sorting and entering of data on my spread sheets complete, now I just have to spend a few hours plunking numbers into the forms and double checking the math.

I'll be glad to be finished!



This is what the tree in my back yard looked like this morning.

Yesterday the wind howled most of the day, but we had almost no snow (the good thing -- no shovels required!!)

Last night the fog rolled in, and all of the branches of the pine trees are all frosted over

It's pretty



bird doodles again......

picture him with lovely iridescent blue green feathers

peacocks are beautiful, but their "screach" sounds are annoying (there were peacocks in the area where my daughter used to take voice lessons -- such an amazing contrast -- her lovely singing, their ugly squalking)

Seems the birds are taking over the house tho', I have a flamingo and a white toucan all stuffed and closed and waiting for their feet and eyes. Today we'll be dealing with dodos.....'nuf said



This, at long last, is the hat I did to go with the altered shirt.

This began as a little sock hat that I knit out of a cotton yarn (see, its NOT just for dishcloths!)

Then I took all of the leaves I had left from the shirt and put an edge of gold glitter paint around each one (that seals them so they won't ravel, and it looks pretty)

Then each and every leaf (no, I actually didn't count them!) is hand stitched to the hat.

Nice.....



the latest "lab animal" is progressing --

I have stitched beads on to the feet (heart shaped paw pads, no less!) and the hands (just little ovals there) and given her a beaded heart.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to give her some kind of appropriate accessory, and I still need to find fabric to make her a carry sack -- I have a nice cream color that has little brown bears on it that might do nicely

I think she whispered that her name is Latte (guess its the coffee dye)

Last night I finished the ribbing on the sweater I'm knitting for the DH -- already this pattern has been "altered" as he wanted a bit more rib at the bottom than the pattern called for -- no problem sweetie, I'll just work a few more rows of this rib pattern that is now firmly engrained in my brain! And so we are now entering the "slog along" portion -- 17.5 inches of knit one row, purl one row with a ribbed band along each side -- oh yes, must keep track of where the button holes go so we get those right (and the pattern is very "fuzzy" on this subject -- I worked it out on graph paper and found that in my guage for the length we want to do I will be working one about every 10 rows)

time to get to it!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Gee, I hope DS doesn't see what a great job you did on that hat, or he may want you to make him a ghillie suit!

As always, if you would like to shop my stash for Latte's bag fabric, just let me know.