Friday, February 08, 2008

How's your French?

Your word for the day is: chatelaine

Wikipedia defines this word as "a set of short chains on a belt worn by women and men for carrying keys"

In more recent use among folks that quilt it has become a decorative necklace that has places to hang the necessary tools for quilting so they are in easy reach and don't get lost among the items being worked on.

After posting a picture of my badge lanyard, my sister asked if I could make something for her to use for scissors, etc., hence my French lesson for today.

I'm working on a design.




Over at The Big Black Dog Studio we're hosting a Valentine's Day give away of this pin as part of the One World One Heart group.









Head on over to the Black Dog and leave your comment to be included in the drawing!




Another glass cord complete!

This one is 22" long, made up of green/teal/goldish beads with little bear beads at each end.

I'll be adding this one to my Etsy store soon



As you may remember, I'll be having my head shaved in March (go here if you need more info on this), so I've been working on some hats to wear while the hair grows back.

This may look like a strange animal has crawled up on the table, but its one of the new hats --- very fetching I think!



For a lot of years my daughter and I made Valentine's together, and this year I have invited her (and her new hubbie) to come down for the weekend so she and I can "play".

I got some fresh supplies

Note to self: do not store glue sticks and glitter glue pens in the outdoor shed in the future -- my previous supply of these goodies (admittedly pretty old ones anyway) FROZE!!

time to get the house clean enough for use to work on projects!

No comments: