Wednesday, February 20, 2008

slog, slog, slog

its February

the cold, ugly part of winter -- perhaps one could say the dog days (my lab hates it as much as I do) of winter -- when its still gray but there's no snow to cover the dead looking grass

and another month of winter to go -- ick!

I'm looking forward to trying to get a picture of the eclipse -- but that will depend on the weather -- if its clear I may get a chance -- I think it would be a cool image to play with




I did finish this piece yesterday. It will be posted on my Etsy Shop sometime in the next couple of days.

The next few items will probably be badge lanyards -- we'll see

The redesign (it only took 5 tries!) on the new penguin's head is finally complete, so I'll be laying out the pattern on the mohair today. Probably be able to lay out the new bear too as I think the fabric is finally dry after Monday's dye escapades!




As I have knit a few sweaters, I found this cartoon from yesterday's paper really funny --

I have knit about 5 inches of the current sweater -- I'm amazed it seems to be going so fast, but I guess since its knit one row, purl one row, I'm actually knitting it on "auto pilot" while I'm watching TV (Jericho is back!! I'm a happy camper!!!!)

anyway, its time to get slogging

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

I think I would call them the "groundhog days" of winter, since every day seems to look and feel the same!

Speaking of slog, I got the second pocket sewed on last night, so your Christmas present is finally done. Hip-hip-hooray! Now I just need to wash it and let it dry, which will hopefully not take as long as the rest of the project...

Shelli said...

I would actually love a giraffe neck sweater. The more turtleneck-y it is, the better. Cute cartoon!