Tuesday, April 22, 2008

feeling purple?

obviously purple was the color theme in the studio yesterday!



After working on the beading of this for about a week, yesterday I was able to sit down and finish it up

Like the teal and chocolate one I did a while back, this cuff bracelet is all glass beads -- grapetini and pink lemonade bead mixes mostly

I decided on this one to use a muslin backing, and frankly, I don't like it as well as the pelon, so I won't do that again unless I run out of pelon!




and the finished critter de jour is wearing purple too

Stella the alpaca sheep -- ok, now you know why each and every one of these MUST have a hand knit WOOL sweater vest -- its that whole IDENTITY CRISIS issue otherwise and there's nothing more ornery that a pissed off sheep




and then there were these lovelies

#4 in the series of MITTNZ -- wow, that means I'm now half way to the goal on these -- and so far, purely painless!!

today's excursions include putting eyes and wings on dodo birds, and beginning a new piece of jewelery which is entirely an experiment -- this should be fun!

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

Pretty mittnz - what yarn did you use for those?
I've pulled out a couple of patterns to try for my go at mittnz, and have decided to do bumble bee stripes for the first pair. Should be fun!

Bev said...

those were some scrap pieces I had on hand -- got to "go bold" with the combos sometimes!