Friday, April 11, 2008

quilter's puzzle

the subtitle of this could be: why I can't create my fiber pieces without my computer!
















If you read yesterday's post, you might recognize these as yesterday's angels all cut into pieces.

The original drawings were 5 inches wide. Each of the 3 finished panels needs to be about 15 inches wide.

Since I don't have the technology to take the whole picture and increase it 3 times and print it out, I cut them into pieces

this morning I increased each piece by 150% -- or half way to what I need -- later today (after I'm done at the computer) I'll cut those pieces free, lay them together (see jigsaw puzzles!) and make additions/changes/improvements -- then tomorrow when I'm back at the computer I'll make the final increase

someday I'll have a studio arrangement that allows the computer, the cutting/work table and the sewing machine to all be in the same room -- maybe -- anyway, for now this works, but it does help explain why I work on several projects at once!

Quilting on the dragon quilt is moving right along. The compass design which fills the center and has "arms" that extend to each edge is done, one of the four quadrants is complete and I'm moving right along on the next quadrant. I've finally got a good callus on the second finger of my left hand so I can quilt for a longer time each day without having a sore finger! YEAH!!

so today, who knows what I'll work on -- the angel patterns, the dragon and the sweater (on which I'm now doing the decreases for the second sleeve and will be sewing up soon!), but who knows what else --

time to get to it


PS: the answer to yesterday's quiz, from left to right: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael

No comments: