Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mittnz!



As I've spoken of several times here, I do quite a bit of knitting for charity.

Thanks to a VERY generous sister who is trying to clear out a large stash of yarns, I have been able to knit lots of afghan squares for Close Knit Hugs, and several hats for Warm Woolies.

Last week I stumbled into a blog titled Sheep Shots, which right away had me laughing, and she has this wonderful project going to send 1000 pair(!!) of mittens to the Cheyenne River Reservation in South Dakota during the last week in September.

Her challenge? Knit 8 pair of hand warming goodness -- send her pictures -- mail off your mittnz the last week in September

The picture above was my first pair for this effort (and she posted it on her blog!)

Anyway, care to join me? I think I've got enough patterns for mittens, wrist warmers, etc., to do every one of those 8 pair from a different pattern -- which should also be fun for a knitter that has enough problems doing 2 that match, never mind 16!

I had actually finished this pair a few days ago (it took me a while to get the photo taken), and I'm nearly done with mitten #1 of the next pair -- WOO HOO!!

Progress on the quilt continues -- not so many pins removed yesterday, I spent a lot of time quilting scales in on the dragon -- time consuming stuff that

The sweater for the DH is all knit. So now its on to the dreaded "stitching up" -- I'll be spreading it out on the table for matching and pinning.

I made an attempt at putting a nose on a bear yesterday -- I'm trying to do something a little different on this one, and I didn't like the way it looked, so I picked it out. I do like the look of the needle sculpting I did on this one so far, tho, so that's progress!



Yup, its those angel parts again -- only bigger!

This morning I did the final increasing of 150%, so now I will be cutting the new pieces and pasting them together to create the master color mark up. Then its on to the pattern making, which is always a challenge

time to get started!

No comments: