Wednesday, April 16, 2008

more stuff on the sticks soon?



this arrived in my mail box yesterday

its my "sample" issue -- and just full of wonderful projects that I would like to try -- I may have a few more projects in the que soon

I can report that our toilet issue has been mostly taken care of -- $150 later -- ouch!! But it no longer rocks or leaks, so its a good thing -- no seat yet as when we opened the box of the new seat it was damaged, so today it will go back to the store for exchange



As much as I dislike the cold and gray of winter, these are a big problem too

the weather channel is reporting that the tree pollen count is HIGH

this would explain why I feel like there's a little man with a hammer pounding beneath each of my eye sockets and I woke up with a dry throat

gotta love allergies -- ick

so, today and until the season is over, extra vitamin C and zinc and LOTS of fluids -- experience has taught me that this approach keeps those irritated tissues from succumbing to what ever nasty virus I might come in contact with!

After weeks of thinking about a new bead project, I pulled out all of the materials last night to give it a try. This may be one of those "well THAT didn't work" things, but unless I actually TRY it, I'll never know. This one entails working black and white beads (with an occasional single row of RED) in peyote stitch over wooden beads and rings to create a necklace. I've done some of this kind of thing before, but never exactly what I have in mind here -- we'll see how this all goes

well, time to go get some tea or juice or something

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

"the tree pollen count is HIGH...
this would explain why I feel like there's a little man with a hammer pounding beneath each of my eye sockets and I woke up with a dry throat"


and why I want to pluck out my eyeballs, scratch all the way around them, then rinse them off and put them back in my head! YUCKY ALLERGIES!