Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm back

from the weekend at my daughter's










it was fun to take a couple of days to relax and just "hang out" with her

since they live at a lower altitude, its already spring for real at their house

when we left home on Thursday, there was about 4 inches of heavy, wet snow on the ground at our place, and it was still "flurrying"

At her house, the dogs got to play outside and it was warm enough to walk around in a short sleeve shirt -- yippee!!



One of the things I wanted to do while we were there was have her take some pictures of me with the new "hair do"

(or perhaps we should call it a "hair don't")

Anyway, here is a shot with the 1/2 inch fuzz -- don't you love the widow's peak!!




This picture I like!

Very cool hat and all that

this will probably become the "about me" picture on my blogs, etc, for a while anyway





As you may recall, I have been working on a sweater for the DH.

He wanted what he called "an old man sweater" -- a wool (or at least partly wool) cardigan with pockets and a shawl collar

After only minimal trips to the frog pond (there was an issue with pockets that could have been stuffed with kleenex and been "falsies"), it is complete!

This was actually a really fun sweater to make, and didn't take all that long

So now its on to other knitting projects -- like the annual Christmas knitting I do for my daughter!



Being in the car for several hours to and from my daughter's gave me time to knit.

This is the 3rd pair of MITTNZ for the challenge, and I have the 4th pair about half done! Its amazing just how quickly you actually can produce a pair of warm, attractive mittens.

One of the other things we did while we were with our daughter was take a trip to a nearby town to view a quilt show. I took LOTS of pictures, and I'll try to get a "review" posted here soon.

today its back to the routine -- laundry and working on projects!

No comments: