Monday, March 30, 2009

Catchin' up from the weekend

My daughter and her husband and their two dogs were here for the weekend.

We had a great time together.

We made a trip to the hardware store to make notes on what materials they need for the deck they want to add to the back of their house (we'll be going up to help build it when it finally stops snowing!)

My daughter and I moved some things around in the basement (which I am trying to clear out), then she and her hubbie moved my loom upstairs for me.

















She also brought me this.

They've been helping a friend clean out a grandparent's home, and this was in the house.

Her friend was going to just throw it away -- my daughter grabbed it.

See, the tip of one of the four flares is broken off.

Her friend looked at it and said "junk"

My daughter knew I would look at it and say "ooooh, pretty color, I can make things with that!"

So, this week pieces of the newly acquired orange-y glass will go into the tumbler with some pieces I got earlier in the week. A whole new batch of Rocky Mountain Beach Glass in the making!! (Of course there will be a whole month of listening to the tumbler chug along in the process --- there's just no way to hurry that process!)

On Saturday evening the kids took us out for dinner for my birthday (which is today, thank you very much). We went to a really nice Italian place in the area that serves as downtown in this little village we live in. The food was great, and so plentiful that we brought home 3 more meals worth to be reheated this week. (We could have just ordered our sodas and the appetizer and all been full!) It was a lot of fun.

When I woke up this morning it was snowing again --- BLEAH! We really, REALLY need the moisture, but I'm tired of winter -- oh well.

Today we're off to the doctor's office to have the stitch taken out of the DH's finger, then a stop off at the grocery store on the way home.

I'm still a bit "weary" from moving furniture and boxes, but I expected that. Even so, I hope to get some work done on the piece of jewelry I started last week, and finish writing the artist statement for the show applications that I need to mail by Friday.

The laundry can wait 'til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Barbi by the Sea said...

Hi, Bev
Enjoyed your update. The beautiful
orange vase is circa 1968. The reason I know is because we received one exactly like it for a wedding gift. I am sure I still have it in a box that has been packed for the last 20 or so years. I really loved it for the first 20 years and kept it out on display. It was a perfect match for our "Firecracker orange carpet"
Can't wait to see what you create with the new "beach glass"