Tuesday, March 31, 2009

(mostly) mindless babble

no pictures of work accomplished yesterday

no I was not out wildly celebrating my birthday (the celebrating was done over the weekend)

but I did do a little shopping this morning --- for myself!!

my mother sends me a check for my birthday

it arrived on Friday and I sent it right along to the bank

this morning I found these two books on Amazon as used books for quite a bit less than cover price (an especially good thing for Complex Cloth as it is now out of print)

I induldged

I'll be watching for the postman with eagle eyes (as soon as Complex Cloth arrives I'll be returning the copy to the library) Having a copy of my very own means I can write notes in the margins and high light especially important paragraphs

(I remember somewhere some one telling me you it was bad to write in a book --- well, as far as I'm concerned, if I bought it, I probably decided I needed it in my library and I can write in it if I please!!)

meantime, yesterday I took the DH to the doctor to have the stitch removed from his finger -- the doctor wants to take another look at it tomorrow --- personally I can't see that the stitch did all that much to help the situation --- it's a big ugly wound still, but he does have complete feeling in the tip of his finger, which is nothing short of a miracle!!

By the time we got to the doctor's office at 10:00 a.m., we had already seen rain, sleet, HAIL and snow. When we got done there, the sun was coming out --- the joys of living in the mountains in the spring!

I did do a lot of work on the malachite/azurite necklace --- all of the stones have now been bezeled and backed, so today I will lay it out and start working on how to string it together

Today I'm doing the laundry --- time to get moving

No comments: