Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Project Odds and Ends

Since the paint brushes were still sitting on the table, I decided to go ahead and get the storage roll made up.

This was made entirely of materials that I had on hand.

The fabric was left over from a tote bag I had made a while back, and the bias tape and the ribbon were pieces just hanging out in the stash box.

Each brush has it's own custom fit slot (which is why it took a while to get all the stitching done.

Now the brushes can be safely stored.

And after a soak in the Berry Blue Koolaid, the formerly Grape wool is much closer to the color I was hoping for.

Now that I have a pretty good assortment of colors, I'll be trying out the flower idea.




I've been working along on what I thought was going to be the last block of this project (see it there on the needle?)

Alas, it is not to be.

Obviously I was totally brain dead in my thinking about this, because unless I make this block a very, VERY, long run on one, it is definately NOT the last one.

This time I did make a drawing and pin numbers to all the completed blocks (ok, DUH, should have done that way before now)

Having decided that I will be doing 2 more blocks, last night I bound off the block on the needles and did the croKay around it. Tonight I'll be weaving in ends (that'll take a while, given that I'm recycling yarn and there are a number of "joins", especially in the light blue strip).


A couple of days ago I had an email from a new friend here in my neighborhood.

They have just moved here from Oregon, and when we were getting acquainted I mentioned that I use broken glass to create jewelry.

As she was unpacking, a bottle got broken, and she thought of me --- how sweet is that?

I'm really sorry the bottle got broken --- I can tell from the pieces that it was a really cool one. I'll have to be on my best designer behaviour to make some jewelry as neat as it was.

I'll be starting up a new batch of beach glass in the tumbler soon!



The card project continues!

While a lot of the card work until now was all done by hand --- pencil drawings followed by inking and coloring --- this bit of the cards can be done in the photoshop software.

I did these 5 this morning.

So, only 49 more to go!! (oh yeah, 14 of those will have to be hand drawn, but let me enjoy the moment here)


Along with all that I also did laundry, worked on the beading, and the Unidentified Christmas Project, cast on and knit the giraffe's nose

I'd say it was a pretty productive 24 hours!

No comments: