Monday, March 23, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Just didn't get as much done yesterday as maybe I could have.

Oh well, a day to rest is not a bad thing!

Here is the current state of the beading on the bracelet project. I have almost half of the green beads in now -- there on the right hand side. I'm thinking I may actually have this ready to back by the end of the week.

Here then are the results of the latest dye project.

This is white roving after a one hour soak in hot grape Koolaid.

It's so, so -- grape-y!!

I'll be mixing up another batch of blue to get this closer to the color I'm looking for (hopefully!)

Behold!

The giraffe now has 4 legs --- no body -- or head -- or neck -- but 4 legs!

I have to admit the the spots on this were done entirely "on the fly" once I got into the increases and decreases that create the shape.

The chart that works beautifully on paper just doesn't work once you're working a row that goes "K2tog, k11, Kfb 4 times, k11, k2tog"

I'm beginning to understand why I couldn't find a pattern that actually did the spots during the knitting (and perhaps this explains the strange phenomina of the STRIPED giraffe -- which we know is just WRONG!!)

I suspect that I will run into this issue (BIG TIME) when I start in on the body with its odd shaping for the neck, but we'll see.


I have been working on the Unidentified Christmas Project too, but of course I can't show you that here.

rollin' along

No comments: