Friday, March 13, 2009

multi tasking again

For whatever reason (call it a character flaw perhaps, or maybe it's just from 30 some years of HAVING to do it in corporate jobs), I do not work on just one thing at a time.

Yesterday was a particularly busy day.

Having ripped out the first go at the chain for this project, I'm now much happier with the color blend (I added 2 additional brown tones), and now it's moving right along.

The first piece is about 6 inches long, so there are another 2.5 inches to do on this side, then the other side.

ah, much better

Now that I have a card back that I'm happy with, I did some work on the letters and numbers that will be on the fronts of the cards.

(Yes folks, I'll be creating the drawings for all 54 (got to include the jokers!) cards in this deck)

Oh and those little drawings at the bottom will be the suits -- mushrooms, flowers, lady bugs and snails

I haven't decided yet on color schemes and of course there are all the face cards still to create, but it is moving along





Since the bird houses are basically done except for the embellishments, I really need to get the birdies done!

This is the little cardinal that I had started on Wednesday

I still need to put in the little beads for his eyes and the DH is working on some little wire feet

The next thing for this birdhouse will be some red and white flowers

I have to say this is one of those "did I do that" moments -- I was sure that needle felting a bird was just beyond my abilities, but I'm really, REALLY pleased with this attempt.

Next (after the flowers that is) will be a yellow bird (for the green bird house). I printed off a bunch of pictures of yellow birds to refer to this morning (gotta love Google Images!)

Do you remember me talking about the leaf quilting project?

These are really poor pictures (sorry!), but they are the first pencil drawings of the designs for this 3 panel project.

This morning I was making color copies of the leaf scans so I have colored patterns to start working from.

While I was working on new design ideas I did a design for a new beaded bracelet. There is a competition for a beaded piece that uses only the 3 secondary colors (purple, green, orange), so I decided to give it a try. Pictures in good time my pretties!


As is usual, when I spend a bit of time on the phone (especially if I get to wait on hold!), I do a bit of doodling.

These are the latest additions to the collection.

Lookie, they aren't birds! Nope, they're four legged critters

Giraffe! Gazelle?

They may show up in the playing cards -- who knows!


Then there is this little issue.

See the middle finger? See how it isn't as flat to the counter as the rest?

Yup, that's because I can't really straighten it out

Once again yesterday afternoon this finger started bothering me. In fact, about 12:30 this morning I got up and got a gel ice pack and wrapped my fingers with it to cut the pain so I could sleep.

This morning it's still really sore and stiff, but at least the stabbing pain has gone away.

I'm glad it's my left hand, but it does still slow me down -- nuts!

ok, enough babble for today --- time to go get something done!

No comments: