Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Meet Bullseye the Zebra

If you've been following along in the saga of the creation of this critter, I'll bet you might have guessed that this would end up being his name.

As with the previously knit horse, the assortment of parts just look -- well, WEIRD! -- until they are all put together

I'm rather pleased with ol' Bullseye

and as long as he's sitting down, you won't quite understand (unless you're in on the story) why he's named that

the mane on a zebra is quite different from a horse --- it doesn't get long, in fact it looks more like a row of long bristled paint brushes are growing out of the back of the head and neck -- I got the look by using 4 strands of yarn in the needle and doing an embroidery stitch called "turkey work".

the tail is also shorter and striped, so I attached the yarn to his rump and braided it together

Hey, check it out, another project complete!! (Have I mentioned that I'm trying to have most of my Christmas gift building done by October? This is number 2).

Yesterday's studio work also included getting the beaded black magic piece all attached to the backing and starting on the "chain".

So, there ya go, movin' west (as my grandma used to say)

No comments: