Tuesday, February 12, 2013

catching up

this piece is finally finished! 

and listed this morning in my Etsy store 

if you want to take a closer look at it you can use the link there at the top right of my blog page  












so of course it was time to dive right into the next piece 

this will be a bracelet --- there will be 6 of these "links", and I have a very cool gold clasp to use with it  




I've been knitting on the sweater for the DH 

the original pattern was knit if separate pieces, but I'm doing the back and fronts all of a piece on a long circular needle 

it takes a bit longer per row, but in the end there is a lot less sewing together, which I like 

I'm about a third of the way up the body of the sweater  

while I was at my daughter's house over the weekend she asked me if I could knit a sweater for her little dog -- a cairn terrier

since we were in the craft store anyway, I picked up a skein of yarn and started knitting on this on Saturday evening 

last night I finished the piece that is the back of the sweater 

 now it's on to the underside  





the final square of the morning-noon-night series is all stitched 

now the background pieces are now in progress  














this was the sunrise yesterday morning before we left to head home 

beautiful 

and possibly useful for some future art quilt  








Mr Cute had his picture taken right after his birthday in December his mama gave me this picture over the weekend ---- soooooo CUTE!


so today I'm back to the usual household routine -- laundry is in progress, the into the studio to do some work

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

He's so cute!

That quilt somehow reminds me of--the name will come to me in awhile--the community housing place built I think before the word condo came into use, for the Montreal World Fair that we went to, Expo '67. It was supposed to provide a futuristic view of affordable housing for all but has become since then an expensive address because the homes within it are so beautiful.