Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheri (the "remade" bear), and going to H*## for sure













Well, the pink bear is FINALLY done (I think)

After the first foot took almost 2 hours to do, the other 3 were a bit easier, but still time consuming.

Turns out that was the EASY part.

3 tries at the nose/mouth combination, uncounted "re-dos" on the eye placement and a couple of goes at the ears and a lot of muttering about "you better find a new home!"

I named her Cheri

I'm hoping to NOT bring her home from Albuquerque!



when they drum angels out, do they pluck off their wing feathers?

am I now going to hell for sure?

After several attempts with individual double sided feathers and rows of double sided feathers, I have decided that this is not a technique that will work in this case.

So, yesterday I removed all but the very first foundation row and returned to plan A -- individual feathers appliqued in layers, but not free floating at the edges.

The one thing that upsets me the most about this is that I'm loosing that little metalic gold glint on the edge of each feather because I had put that in when I top stitched each turned feather edge. Guess I'll be trying to figure out a new way to get some "glitter" on those edges.

so today I have one more bear that needs to be finished for this coming weekend's show (I have 3 others that it would be nice if they were finished, but I'm not going to stress over those), and there is the usual laundry and other household stuff to do

and away we go.....

No comments: