Sunday, May 04, 2008

meantime, back in the surgical center.....


remember this?


As you can see, the issues have been resolved
















and we're sitting up!!







the need for an adjustment here was not so clear, except the face just didn't look right to me

notice the line that runs across the picture -- that is lined up (approximately) with the underside of the top jaw



and here we have a line in approximately the same spot

notice the totally different angle?

AH! much better!!




So now both of these bears will be getting faces a bit later in the week.



moving along on the angel panel.....I had never used the markers to create details in a quilted piece before

In fact, I was nervous enough about the "wash safety" that I used a piece of the peach fabric to create a "test" with the markers which I then washed by hand to make sure they didn't "bleed" -- ok, paranoia reigns, but when I put in this much work, I want to be sure it won't get ruined when I cold rinse it to take out the quilting marks!!

Everything that is done with the markers will also be quilted for additional definition and texture -- I'm liking it!!



This is the quiz for the day.

What is this object?




Ok, enough blathering for this morning, we're heading out to visit with my dad who was hospitalized yesterday (after spending about 9 hours sitting around in the ER!!! -- but that's a rant for another place)

and we're off.......

No comments: