Friday, May 02, 2008

MayDay! MayDay! MayDay!



The subtitle here really could be What the ????!!!!

This folks is what I woke to yesterday morning -- yes on MAY 1st!!

The weather in the mountains above 6000 feet is, mmmm, shall we say .... challenging

So, even though we had planned to run errands yesterday after breakfast, I just went back to working on projects instead.

The wind, however, did have its way with the back fence again, and this morning the big black dog that lives here decided she needed to check out that big expanse behind the fence. Needless to say, I went out promptly to try to put in another "patch". This one involved some heavy braided nylon rope and a piece of fencing wire that I had previously used to keep her off some grass we re-seeded last spring. For now, anyway, she can no longer go out to explore the field, and I'm hoping that will hold until we get the chance to make a more appropriate repair.


Remember the bear from Tuesday (April 29th post) that I had determined needed a different body? Well, yesterday we did the "gender reassignment" and made up a new body --- awwwwww, much better!! Now we can do stuffing and finishing and such.

And that little yellow bear from yesterday's post is going right back into "surgery". Sometime in the next couple of days I will be doing the following:

*remove lower jaw
*remove ears
*remove eyes
*open and unstuff body and head
*adjust placement of head on body (to correct "nose in the air" tip to head)
*restuff body and head
*redo face including removal of tongue for a lighter colored one and more shaving around the nose

we'll see if that fixes the issues




The stitching of pieces on the angel panels has begun!! You can only see 3 pieces here, but I have actually done 9.

Before I can go much farther I need to make a trip to our local Hobby Lobby for some fabric markers to do the shading I want to do on the face.

(I could put the pieces in and shade after, but since I've not done this kind of thing before, I don't want to screw it up after its all stitched down!)

Hopefully today I'll get that done




No, this is NOT a "hidden Mickey" test.

These are the first three pieces of the new necklace I've been working on.

All of these are worked in black and white beads over wood forms (and yes, I know the round ones are different from each other -- I did that on purpose)

There are a number of additional beads to be covered for this project, and I'd actually like to get some oval ones as well (while I'm in Hobby Lobby I'll take a look)

and so, there we are, and we'll see what I get accomplished today!

No comments: