Friday, May 23, 2008

jewelry and angels and maples (oh no, another new project?)



Since we'll be doing a show with our jewelry in about a month, I figured I should get moving on finishing some of the pieces that I've just been futsing with.

Finished up this little lovely yesterday afternoon (the 3rd time being the charm for the netting around the glass -- for some reason it took that long to get it right!)

More details about this piece can be seen here



The "wing work" on this panel is officially finished!

All 81 little feather pieces clipped and turned and stitched ---- I am getting quicker at it tho'

So now its on to the bigger pieces in the panel






While I was out walking this morning I found these on the street

There are a few maple trees along my route, and evidently one was still shedding some of these ---

I'm not at all sure what I will do with the pictures or the seeds, but the shape intrigues me

it may become jewelry -- or part of a quilt -- or an altered piece of clothing -- or who knows......

stay tuned

Oh yes, thanks to my daughter's clear instructions over the phone, I'm happily walking (and this morning typing) to "tunes" on the MP3 player ---- I'm smiling!!

Today we will be doing yard work in the back (Oh joy, my most favorite thing -- or NOT!)

Then it will be back to working on the black and white bead piece, and maybe starting the prep work on a whole new bead embroidered collar I've been working on the drawings for.....

No comments: