Monday, May 05, 2008

Mission Accomplished



I have now met the Mittnz challenge

This is the 8th, smallest and final pair of mittnz for the great mittnz mailing which will take place the last week of September.



And here is my Kaleidoscope Mittnz picture (ok, think of the elaborate dance routines from those old black and white movies -- or the end credits from Sister Act II)

I'm frankly amazed how quickly I was able to get these all done. It helped that I actually ended up using basically the same pattern for them all so that by the time I got to the last pair yesterday, all I needed was the proper row count numbers, and I didn't really need the pattern any more -- I had it memorized!

Now the charity knitting will return to afghan squares (I need to do 20 more to fill the box I'm working up), and vests or sweaters for the Warm Woolies group.

Meantime I'm also knitting on some Christmas projects and an experimental "blankie" for me that is made out of scrapped sweaters -- we'll see how all that goes.

Today, amongst the trips to the laundry room I'll be trying to get the face back on the little yellow bear.

onward and upward!!

No comments: