Friday, May 30, 2008

knitting along



on the recycled afghan squares

This is the second one -- heather grey acrylic and white cotton -- with the "mattress ticking" look going on because of the way the yarn changes were done

I'm still not real good at the CroKay work around the edges, but I promise to press on

So after I spent about 20 minutes weaving in all the ends of the yarn from the color changes (I'm still not sure carrying those up the side wouldn't be easier), I started the next block -- 5 equal sized stripes -- in this order: light blue, grey, red, grey and white -- I'm aiming at making this a colorful piece, just using that grey to tie it all together (because that's the one color I have a lot of, and can get more if I absolutely must)


So, now there are some outdoor chores to be done, and other miscellanous chores then back to a project of some sort......who knows what!

No comments: