Monday, November 26, 2007

Cold meds + phone call = usable floral doodle?

As I have said several times, I don't draw.

By that I mean Draw as in looking at something and translating what I see to paper with some form of writing implement (pencil, pen and ink, markers, crayon) and the viewer recognizing what it is I was looking at. I mean Draw in the ART sense.

No, I don't draw .....



But I doodle!

In the past my doodling has largely been rows of cubes, sort of like a tumbling blocks quilt, or drawings of tall file cabinets, very structured.

This amazing doodle presented itself as I was talking to my mother on the phone. We were talking about recipes and my dad's health and the weather and that sort of thing ... nothing real earth shattering, and I am still fighting off the demons of the nasty bug I've had for almost a week (oh joy, we're to the coughing stage now)

This doodle has real USABLE potential!!

For a while I've been working on a piece of altered couture -- I rescued a shirt that had shrunk and have been making it into a jacket. The whole theme has been leaves in the greens and rusts of fall. Then there was the amazing show I saw over the weekend about using fusing techniques. And this amazing doodle......

I think I finally have a real direction on where this project is going -- as soon as I finish up some of the Christmas projects! (and this may be another candidate for submitting to Belle Amoire!)

Today however will be more mundane things like cleaning and laundry.....fooey....I'd rather play with fiber...............

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

I love your doodle! (The snail is particularly adorable!)

Bev said...

maybe it was the meds, but this is truly one of those "did I do that" moments!