Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Return of the Blue Footed Penguin

Perhaps should be titled "Revenge of the Blue Footed Penguin"!

He's been sitting, looking at me blamefully, wanting to know just why he didn't rate the same treatment that all of the other penguins I've made got....


Behold, the return of the Blue Footed Penguin!!

I knit him a cheerful, warm colored scarf......




and while I was at it, I redid his eyes too .... yes, he had eyes before, but I had embroidered them on with yarn, and they just weren't doing it for me

so yesterday I went searching for the shoe buttons that I knew I had on hand and found some blue ones (to match his feet!) and replaced the embroidery

Nice, no?

For those of you watching the project meters, you'll note that the undisclosed Christmas project is definately on the downhill side -- hurrah!!

But I also added more stuff to the UFO counter, so we've just about maintained the status quo











Seems we're not done with this project yet either!

I sent pictures of it to the customer that had originally inquired, and she is going to purchase it (the check is on its way).

Meantime I had recently gotten a copy of a bead magazine that is looking for bead designers to write project articles for upcoming issues, so I will also be submitting a proposal to them for this. (This of course means that I will be making another of these and taking lots of pictures along the way.) I sent off the inquiry to the editor this morning (the deadline for proposals is Jan 2), so now we wait to see if they want the project (I may just go ahead with the write up anyway, cuz if this magazine doesn't want it, someone else might!)

time to get moving.....lots of cleaning and other projects to do

No comments: