Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sunrise Slippers



About the best thing to be said for the travel time to my closest Costco is that I can knit while we're traveling!

And here, for your admiration, another project complete from the UFO listing, a pair of toasty warm slippers.....this pair should warm by just looking at them, with all the oranges and yellows and hot pink and fushia!

As I was knitting them it was fun to watch the patterning appear and it was kind of fun using 4 different colors and still getting a unified look (yeah, don't waste those small balls of yarn!)

For some reason, since last week's excursion into doodle-ness, I've been scribbling on every little scrap of paper available while I'm talking on the phone (and sometimes even when I'm not!) And then yesterday I was in a bookstore and saw some of the most amazing drawings in a book for kids -- wow! There may be more fantasy flowers and toad stools and little cute bugs forthcoming.

And today I have mailed off the box of afghan squares .... the last one for this year. I'm now trying to decide what my charity goal for next year will be....so, a new countdown ticker will be forthcoming too.

No comments: