Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A day at the fair

We went to the State Fair yesterday to check out the entries

So here's the report

2 blue ribbons --- one for the quilt we made for our son-in-law and one for a piece of jewelry I did over the winter

and red ribbons --

one for the archangel wall hanging

one for the tigereye and gold necklace

there was one on the rabbit with the needlefelted tulips (but I didn't get a good picture)





a white ribbon for the glass, crystal and art clay piece



we're disappointed that the art clay piece that the DH entered didn't place --- part of the problem is the division it had to be entered in has such a broad description that it's hard to know just what it is that will actually fit

the giraffe did not place either --- I saw the other entries in that division, and I'm guessing he was just too different --- a usual issue with my pieces

my needlefelted bird also did not place --- and after walking through the Fine Arts building, I realize that all of my mixed media pieces should be entered in the Fine Arts division next year

Next week we make the trip down to pick up the pieces and the ribbons, and the prize checks will be mailed to us in early October.


since I spent some time riding yesterday, I finished another afghan square


work on the beads for the zebra piece is going really well --- 4 are complete, and the 5th one is about half done

last night I also did quite a lot of quilting on the Christmas project --- one entire corner is now complete, and a second corner is nearly finished -- YIPEE!!

today some work around the house (laundry, garden) then back to working on projects

No comments: