step one of the painting process is complete!
after the DH had made these all smooth and added the stands, I decided that a coat of gesso was just the thing to give these a really nice painting surface
so now I'm ready to draw lightly in pencil what I plan to paint
yesterday I finished "power blasting" the garden shed to prepare it for paint while the DH measured and cut the replacement trim pieces and painted the door of the other shed -- today we hope to get out to the back fence and figure out what we need to pick up at the hardware store to repair it
while I was out in the garden I discovered that there are about 8 of these little beauties out there as well as some pumpkins and 2 hubbard squash
and last night we had zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes out of the garden -- very tasty
this morning a cold front is blowing in -- it's only supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow --- needless to say we'll be watching the weather very carefully --- if it looks like we're going to get really cold nights I'll be out there with newspaper and blankets covering up my harvest!