Another block of the kitty quilt complete --- this one is #3
only 9 more to do
and 3 of the 4 corners of the big mystery Christmas project are all quilted too --- only one more corner to go then it's on to the binding --- looking good
started working on the borders of the elephant piece yesterday too
finished another afghan square for charity (and have another one on the sticks already)
I'm nearly half way through the hood on the sweater I'm knitting --- it seems like the hood has taken forever to do, but I think it's just that I'm getting close to the end and I want it to be finished (so I can start the next project!)
before I start in on the actual pieces for the tree quilted piece, I want to make sure that whatever color medium I choose to use on it will actually stand up to at least an occasional washing
so I took a piece of the fabric that we will be using and did some test painting.
included on the test: acrylic craft paint with textile medium, oil pastels, ball point pens, colored pencils, sharpie markers, micron pens, copic markers, hi-liters and water colors
they're all dry now, and I heat set them with an iron, so next test is to run them through a load of laundry (cold water) so I can tell which ones are safe to use
the tree project is getting closer!
and then there is this project
a while back, the DH wanted some 1x4 wood for a project
when we went to our local lumber supplier, we decided to check the damaged wood bins and found 5 fence pickets -- just the right width and thickness
he cut the pieces he needed off the bottom which left the tops
I've been looking at these for a while, and over the weekend I asked him if he could sand them and fix it so they would stand up (he had some other scrap lumber that made that possible). He even filled the nail holes where he attached the support pieces --- so nice!
so now I'll be putting on a coat of gesso then painting these --- imagine them as a row of little kids in snow suits with a big fluffy pom pom on top of each one --- that's what I see anyway