Saturday, September 19, 2009

Still Pink -- and not liking it

Yup, its the same picture as yesterday

the shed is still pink, and will have to stay that way until after auction week

here's why

I was going to do this paint job last year at about this time

that was when I got my hands on those 2 cans of gray paint that had been mixed wrong and were marked down to $4 a can

but I couldn't just go out and paint because the panel of the fence behind the shed needed repair, and I couldn't repair the fence because the neighbor had his wood pile there (and in fact, that was what had damaged the fence)

and even though I asked him nicely, TWICE before the snows came, he never got around to moving the wood so I could repair the fence so I could paint the shed

so the paint sat --- and evidently, as we discovered this morning when we tried to use it -- it froze and could no longer be mixed into a usable consistancy

to say I am unhappy is an understatement

because now I'm going to have to pay full price for the paint to get this job done as it can't wait through another winter since we've already done all the prep work

GRRRRRRRR!

No comments: