Wednesday, March 13, 2013

two steps forward, one step back

just when I was getting pretty smug about how well this was going, I started having real issues with making the piece flow in a way that would actually be wearable

at issue was the big oval crystal that I had added even though the original drawing didn't include it

so I picked a lot of it apart and moved things around -- this arrangement will be much better (and closer to the original drawing)

uh, when in doubt, stick to the drawing!


it's ok -- I've already done another drawing to use that big oval crystal

this may end up being a pin --- not sure yet

this piece is a small block (12x12) where I'm testing out a design idea

right now this looks like long skinny handled spoons full of blue puppy paw pads

the question is how to proceed -- I want to do thread painting to turn these into what I actually want them to be, but the question is do I do that before it has a batt and backing or after

I need to do some research

this morning I need to go get dog food and some groceries for the people that live here -- time to get moving!
 

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Peacock feathers! Fell in love with peacocks when we visited my paternal grandmother when I was 16 and there were peacocks strolling the grounds at Rossmoor in Walnut Creek where she lived. (Usually she visited us--cheaper to fly one than eight. We drove.)