Monday, May 27, 2013

a little explanation

I realize that the last time I posted here was on Mother's Day

two weeks is a very long time for me to be away, so probably some sort of  explanation is in order

on the Monday after Mother's Day a long time friend of mine died of ovarian cancer -- we took off for California so we could be there for the funeral -- I was very glad that the week before I had called to talk with her

while we were in California, and not knowing when we would be again I took the opportunity to go and visit with my 90 year old aunt --- this experience teaching me that when I feel prompted to do something like that I should listen and do so

we got home yesterday, and I'm working on figuring out just what it was I was doing before we left -- which will take me a day or so -- at least


while I was away, my son-in-law took care of my dog, so we stopped at their house first

this was Mr Cute yesterday morning reading the automobile section of the Sunday paper -- so adorable!

just a reminder that my daughter is participating in a fundraising event for ovarian cancer awareness here in Colorado on Saturday, June 1

to those of you who have donated already, let me say thank you very much --- if you didn't see my first post about this, you can find the link to support her HERE
  
every dollar counts!

tomorrow I'll try to get back to talking about art here 


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I'm so sorry you lost your friend. So glad you got to go and see dear ones. And Mr. Cute so much earns that name, he's adorable!