Saturday, May 11, 2013

mermaids and dragon flies

the "chain" pieces are all stitched

I finished that part yesterday afternoon 

they still need to be attached to the mermaid piece and I need to create the loop and toggle, but I'm pleased with the progress

I'm hoping that the charms that I have ordered arrive today so I can start on the fringing

the applique work on the dragon flies is done  

my attempt to create stitched and turned wings out of that iridescent fabric was a total failure, but I do have some ideas to try to create a second set of wings for the biggest one

I need to do some research on how to use some materials that I've had for a while and see if that works


yesterday afternoon I started doing the quilting of the peacock piece -- I had some concerns about the part of the tree branch that extends beyond the edge of the piece, but inserting an extra piece of stiff pelon between the batting and the backing combined with the quilting stitching did the trick --- this is pretty exciting as this is the first piece bigger than 12" by 12" that I'm actually machine quilting -- looking forward to getting back to it

off today to Denver for a Regional SAQA meeting --- and perhaps to do an errand in the same area (depending on how long the meeting goes)

time to get moving

No comments: