Thursday, July 06, 2006

Another bracelet done!



TA DA!! Finished up the beadwork last night, and I really like the way this one looks ... it also seems like this one went much faster than the last one did ... maybe that's just me. Anyway, now I can do the finishing on this.

Guess this means I'll be starting on the fish next. I did find an attractive, small fish lure during one of my shopping trips (nothing like browsing around in the sporting goods area to find interesting materials to use for jewelry!).

I have been thinking about how I will re-work a piece I had done called "Birds in the Marsh". I really like the medallion -- its an oval, on the large size, but the "chain" I had on it just didn't work, so I tore it all apart and the medallion has just been sitting and waiting. I have seen some work by some other atrists where they have created big beads from seed beads to make up the necklaces, and its a pretty neat look. I'm thinking I may experiment with making some of my own. Actually, one of the pieces I made quite a while ago I had done that and it does look really nice because the beads in the "chain" and the medallion are all coordinated.....hmmmmmm, time to "play"!

I have started putting the side strips on the quilts, found a really nice dark plaid that coordinates with the brown tones really well. I have also started working on design ideas for the next quilt....fun!

Its official...Miss Trixie will be appearing on the pages of Teddy Talk. I will be loading up day one at the spa today. This should be fun.

Time to get busy!!

No comments: