Sunday, July 30, 2006

surprise.....no pictures


of work on projects because I just didn't get enough of anything done to take new pictures!! But, this picture is one I took the other night. I'm making you all guess what and where it is (and if you guess right, I'll let you know!)

In fact, I can't really tell you what I got done yesterday besides taking photographs, writing descriptions and listing 14 items on Ebay....guess that counts as something! All part of the "clean it up" program we have going on here in the studio. So if you're looking for a computer game, a Playstation, a kid's t-shirt, 45 styrofoam doll forms or football helmets for 2 cabbage patch dolls, check out my ebay listings (seller ID: mamahattierose)

So here's my report on the progress of the items I've been working on:

Toucan: Both feet are painted, waiting for the 2 coats of sealer that I hope to get applied today. The side sections of the beak are stitched together, and I had started to attach them to the bottom gusset, but they didn't line up properly, so I picked them all out.....will try again today

Solar Power: worked another color around 6 of the 14 sun rays.....hope to get the other 8 done today so there will be something to show

Car Quilt: the grass section has been pieced together (I didn't have any fabric pieces big enough to cut the section all of a piece, but the stitching of the sections went well) and it has been pinned to the section above it. Need to stitch these two together then I can add the white "curb" strip (a hand made strip of bias tape) that will finish off the road segment

Cat Quilt: 11 blocks quilted, and part of the 12th one.....its coming

Up, Up and Away: After discussing it with KISA, more ideas were formed, and we actually have a beginning sketch of this idea....what fun!

Magazine Article: Did a first, very rough draft of the article that I want to submit first. Tried to work on it some more this morning, but for some reason I'm feeling very "brain dead" this morning

Its HOT....ok, not triple digit, drop dead hot, but warm enough that I slept without anything over me but the fan running full blast, so I wake up with every muscle in my body sore and stiff.....nuts! maybe that is contributing to the "brain deadness"

Today I need to get into the storage shed and fetch out Christmas bears (yes folks, I said CHRISTMAS!) as the editorial deadline to get some of them featured in a November/December issue of a magazine is August 9th and I need to take new pictures. I did take pictures of one of the small Santa's Helpers that I had out, but I want to submit KISAs cernit faced one.

Well, its off to get a second cup of coffee and try to get some work done.....

No comments: