Friday, July 14, 2006

moving like molasses in January

ok, its HOT!! and I feel like I'm moving in slow motion.

Too hot last night to sleep upstairs. Then at a little after 5 am the equipment in the field behind us starting up.....I did get to watch the sun come up.....there is a lot of "ozone" in this heat, not good for the lungs, but makes a pretty sunrise

Have finished the backing on the fish, just need to do the touch up with the color markers on the little places where the backing shows....did a few more beads, hope to get more done today

At 6:30 am I watched Simply Quilts and started pin basting the first of the two cat quilts. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I have enough batting left over from a previous project to do both of these without buying anything else!! (well, I may have to buy a spool of thread, we'll see when it comes to that) Meantime, I did get the 9 mm grid drawn over the new design and the 1 inch graph paper printed out, so I can work on that too.

Figure its time to get busy now, before it gets too hot to do anything today....need to spend some time moving books from one bookcase to another so I can take a bookcase to my daughter on Sunday.......

off to the salt mines....................

No comments: