Monday, July 17, 2006

being a gracious looser......

and saying "thank you" so much to those of you who took the time to vote for my entries in the URSA competition. The finalists for the awards (the winners of which will be announced in October at a show in KY) have been announced, and none of the pieces I entered were amoung them. On to other things!

I made a few more of the little beads for the fish piece, and now I'm in the middle of stringing up the whole piece....I think I am going to like this one!

Feeling a little at "loose ends" for which piece to start next. I have a drawing for a piece designed around an oval cab of snowflake obsidian that is just waiting to be beaded. It will be a departure from most of the things I do in that is it just black, white and grays.....no color.....an interesting challenge. I also have the basis of the design and the materials to begin on a collar that has a big sun as the focal point.....maybe we'll work on two at once again

I have begun the quilting on one of the cat quilts.....ok, I'm definately NUTS! I did it late in the evening with the swampy blowing full blast over me, so maybe I'm not too crazy.....I am just using an outline of each piece to do the block quilting so that the picture will actually be in relief on the back. The DH drew me a cute little mouse template.....looks almost like a computer mouse with big ears....which will be quilted in the sills and frames around each block along with the word "MEOW" Its quite amazing to be working on Christmas gifts at this time of the year.

Haven't done much else in the studio, we took yesterday to transport some things to my daughter's new place. Its a cute little duplex, 2 bedrooms, nice hardwood and tile floors, new water heater, new dishwasher, washer/dryer, nice yard and the landlord pays the water bill....sweet deal! We took her a lot of kitchen stuff, a bookcase, a footlocker, a couple of fans.....

Its still HOT....woke up this morning with a "low grade" headache, just enough to make me feel like I can't think straight or do much serious work....ick....good thing stringing a necklace is pretty much idiot proof......

Off to do the laundry and try to get something else done

No comments: