Thursday, July 13, 2006

one fish done, beads begun


ok, its not exactly Dr Seuss, but it sounds good....and here is what they look like. I've put the sealer on the back of the fish so I can cut it away from the backing and start on the finishing. The beads were actually much easier that I thought they would be. Note that there are 2 pairs and a spare, because that is where I got too tired to see straight last night. More to be done today. I did find the gold crystals and some pearls to add in with the necklace, so its starting to get pretty exciting.....another piece close to finished!!

Progress is being made on the car quilt design. I have narrowed it down to which cars to use and created a 1/3 scale drawing of the background. Today I'll spend some time drawing a grid over the drawing so I can start enlarging. (Yeah, I know there are places one can have this kind of thing done, but I don't know where one is here, and they are usually pretty pricey, so I'm doing it the old fashioned way....) This is also one of those places where I'm enjoying the process, so I don't want to turn it over to someone else's machines

it's now off to work I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beads look really cool; I can't wait to see the whole piece finished!

Could you perhaps use a grid printed on a transparency layed over the drawings and copied so you could get right to the enlarging? Just a thought, and maybe not even a very good one, since I seem to have sh*t for brains these days...