Thursday, July 20, 2006

Another piece complete, another one begun



The obsidian piece is done. This one went really fast, amazing! After I had completed the beading and had the back on, I decided it needed "something" so I added the star flowers. This one is on a velvet ribbon, but it could be worn on a heavy silver chain too.



And I have begun working on the malachite bracelet. This one will be smaller than the first one was, but I only have small bracelet blanks on hand right now.

Still thinking about the sun piece....."Solar Power" maybe.....its percolating in that "twilight zone" of my brain where a lot of designing is done (and then seems to spring full grown {from the head of Zeus, no doubt!})

I have completed quilting 2 of the quilt blocks and am well into the third....this really is going much faster than I imagined. I have been doing the quilting either very late at night, or very early in the morning....its too hot for any other time.

Design work continues on the next quilt.....currently I'm taping together the full size graph paper sheets so I can do the pattern. I'm beginning to think it will have to get taped to the wall at the foot of the basement stairs for me to actually work on the drawing since there is no table in the house big enough. We'll see.

Today's activities include some house and yard work, so I'm not sure how much of anything else I'll get done....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The obsidian piece is gorgeous! And you thought you would have difficulty doing something without any color to speak of!?!

Well, the quilting should get a little easier, since it's supposed to be 15-20 degrees cooler by Saturday; at least that's what they're saying now. I certainly hope they're right. I could go for another two or three day spell of cool, rainy weather, that's for sure!