Monday, July 10, 2006

something "fishy" about this one?



Well, the easy part of this one is done. The bezel around the sea jasper and the under beading for the fishy are stitched down. Now I have to create the layers of scales which will be the second layer on the fish body. I've been thinking about how to do the second layer for about 3 days, and I think I'm now ready to have a go at a technique that I think will work.

I have now finished putting on the pieces around the 2 cat quilts, so now its time to press and pin baste for the quilting. I think I'd like to quilt a small mouse outline in the sills and frames around the cats, but I haven't yet found a drawing that I think will work. If someone has an idea, email me a .jpg!

Today, being Monday, I'm doing laundry, so other projects will be completed (hopefully!) between loads.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the fishy, can't wait to see how you're going to do the scales!
I'll see if I can come up with anything mousy that might work for the quilting...